7 Days Selous and Ruaha Fly-in Safari
Selous Game Reserve and Ruaha National park offer a combination of stunning scenery, rugged landscapes, and animal variety that is unmatched. Rufiji River Camp enjoys an enviable location high up on the banks of the Great Rufiji River and the sunsets are quite spectacular. The ‘bandas’ at Ruaha River Lodge riverside are designed to blend seamlessly into the surroundings. The local stone and thatch room offers game viewing from your veranda is a relaxing and enthralling option.
- You'll go to Tanzania and this tour starts and ends in Dar Es Salaam (Tanzania)
- You'll visit Selous GR, Ruaha NP & Dar es Salaam
- Activities: game drives, walking safaris (with an armed guide) & boat safari
- Getting around: air transfer & Game drives: open-sided 4x4 vehicle
- A transfer from and back to the airport (or hotel) is included
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for extra cost
Day by Day Itinerary
- You'll be collected from the airport (or hotel).
- Accommodation before the tour departs can be arranged for extra cost.
Day 1: Selous Game Reserve
Depart Dar es Salaam by Scheduled flight to Selous Game Reserve, Mtemere airstrip. Transfer to the camp by camp’s vehicle with game viewing en-route. After lunch enjoy a choice of afternoon game activities – Game drive, Boat Safari or Walking Safari.
Day 2-3: Selous Game Reserve
Enjoy a choice of the shared game activities on offer - Game drive, Boat Safari or Walking Safari to experience the undisturbed beauty and amazing variety of wildlife. Predators and their prey abound and frequent sightings can include elephant, zebra, giraffe and a great variety of antelope species. On boat trips you can encounter crocodiles, hippos and hundreds of bird species.
Day 4: Selous - Ruaha National Park
After breakfast you are transferred to the airstrip for your scheduled flight to Ruaha National Park You will be met and transferred to the lodge by lodge’s vehicle and enjoy game viewing en-route. After lunch embark on an afternoon Game Drive in this less frequented national park.
Day 5-6: Ruaha National Park
Enjoy Shared guided morning and afternoon game drives or a full day game drive with picnic lunch.
Game viewing is of the best you will find in Tanzania. Predators include lion, cheetah, leopard, hyena & wild dog. A variety of antelope species including Grant's gazelle, greater and lesser kudu, zebra, defassa waterbuck, impala and giraffe are found together with large herds of elephant & buffalo.
Day 7: Ruaha Depart
After breakfast, transfer to the local airstrip for your scheduled flight to Dar Es Salaam to connect with your international flight departure or extend your stay with a relaxing break at a beach resort on the East Coast or Zanzibar.
- Park fees (for non-residents)
- All activities (unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (unless listed as upgrade)
- Camping equipment (sleeping bag excluded)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (unless labeled as optional)
- All flights during the tour
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water (on all days)
- International flights (from/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Some meals (as specified in the day-by-day)
- Tips (tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees