Tanzania Day Tours - Tarangire National Park Day Trip
A trip to Arusha is not complete without a visit to Tarangire National Park, one of the largest in the region. Spend a day exploring this destination, home to a wide variety of wildlife—especially during the dry season, when the park is a favorite spot for thousands of migrating animals.
A day trip Tarangire National park takes you to Tarangire National Park which covers an area of 1360sq km (525sq miles) with scattered Baobab trees, alternating with open acacia woodland which caters for wildlife food, open bush plains, swamps and rivers like river Tarangire. Wildlife like Elephants, Zebra, Giraffe, Dik Dik and Ostrich and different species of birds can be seen. Tarangire is 130km from Arusha and it takes approximately 2/30 minutes to get there in tarmac road covering a small part of dirty road.
- Herds of elephants, wildebeests & tree climbing lions
- Wonders of the national park's diverse flora & fauna
- Abundance of wildlife migrating during the dry season
- Home to over 550 species & popular with bird enthusiasts
- Expert guide for in-depth & comprehensive tour
Tour Details:Duration: day tour (approx.)
Group size: Max 7
Start: Arusha, Tanzania
End: Arusha Tanzania
Departure Time: 7:00am
(subject to change due to local traffic conditions)
Day by Day Itinerary
- You'll be collected from the airport (or hotel).
- Accommodation before the tour departs can be arranged for extra cost.
Tarangire National Park Day Trip
After breakfast you are met by our professional tour guide/driver, who will deliver a short safari info briefing, after which we travel east to the Tarangire National Park. The park runs along the line of the Tarangire River and is mainly made up of low-lying hills on the Great Rift Valley floor. Its natural vegetation mainly consists of Acacia woodland and giant African Baobab trees, with huge swamp areas in the south. Both the river and the swamps act like a magnet for wild animals, during Tanzania’s dry season. The Tarangire National Park is reputed to contain some of the largest elephant herds in Africa. We will enjoy a picnic lunch inside the park and do two exciting morning and afternoon game drives, along the Tarangire River. Late afternoon we depart for Arusha where we will end our safari adventure. The group should tip the tours guide around $20 for the day. You will be taken to your hotel, which ends our tour packages services.
Serengeti may be better known, but Tarangire in the dry season easily rivals it for animal densities. As well as the herds of elephant Tarangire is home to buffalo, lion, wildebeest, zebra and gazelle while gerenuk and fringe-eared Oryx are 'local specialties'. Lake Burungi's marshy shores are the lure for these mammals and the waters attract many beautiful bird species, too.
Tarangire National park is a savanna area famous for hosting many elephants with gigantic Babobab Trees with other wild animals including birds. This is a great park to visit during the dry season as many animals flock to the Tarangire River.
Need Our Help?
Do not hesitate to contact us for any questions or information. We will be happy to serve you. Call or e-mail us.: +17207571434
Why Viber Tours?
- Independent expert travel advice
- Full service private tours.
- Real value at a fair price
- Tailor-made safaris and tours
- Best safari accommodation
- Expert on safari support, 24/7
- Day trip according to the itinerary
- Transportation in a 4×4 safari vehicle
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Meals according to the itinerary
- Mineral water
- All mentioned activities
- All national park fees
- Optional activities
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Visa fees
- Personal spending money for souvenirs etc.
- Travel insurance