8 Days Amboseli and Northern Tanzania Safari
In Amboseli, herds of Elephants can be seen against the backdrop of the magnificent snow-capped mountain. Ngorongoro Crater is renowned for its packs of Hunting Dogs and a wide range of other game. Lake Manyara lions have developed a liking for residing in the branches of trees where they can both sleep and watch for prey while Serengeti in Tanzania is where the wildebeest’s migration starts.
- You'll go to Kenya Kenya & Tanzania.
- This tour starts in Nairobi (Kenya) & ends in Arusha (Tanzania)
- You'll visit Amboseli NP, Lake Manyara NP, Serengeti NP, Ngorongoro & Tarangire NP
- Activities: game drives
- Game drives & Getting around: pop-up roof 4x4 vehicle & minivan
- A transfer from and back to the airport (or hotel) is included
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for extra cost
Day by Day Itinerary
- You'll be collected from the airport (or hotel).
- Accommodation before the tour departs can be arranged for extra cost.
Day 1: Nairobi-Amboseli
Depart Nairobi in the morning and drive via Namanga on the Kenya and Tanzania border for lunch, After continue driving to Amboseli National park with game drive on arrival seeing game wildlife with mount kilimanjaro at the backdrop until late afternoon to return to the campsite for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Amboseli
Full day of game viewing in the Park. Amboseli National Park is located at the foot of Mt. Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest mountain. The snows of the mountain form a majestic backdrop to one of Kenya's most popular spectacular displays of wildlife - lion, elephant, leopard, rhino, cheetah, buffalo and host of plains game, creating Kenya's most sought after photographer's paradise. Meals and overnight at the camp..
Day 3: Amboseli-Lake Manyara
After breakfast leave the camp/lodge for the last game drive as you leave the park for Namanga border post for immigration formalities and arrive in Arusha to drive to Lake Manyara National Park for lunch at Lake Manyara camp, followed by afternoon game drive. Dinner and overnight at Lake Manyara campsite.
Day 4: Lake Manyara-Serengeti
Early morning game drive in Lake Manyara. Return back to the campsite for late breakfast. You will proceed shortly for the drive to Serengeti National Park viewing game on your way to the campsite for late lunch. Spend the whole afternoon on game drive. Return to your campsite for dinner and overnight..
Day 5: Serengeti
Morning and afternoon game drive in the Serengeti with a lunch and leisure break at the campsite in the mid afternoon. The term ‘Serengeti’ means endless plains in Masai language. In the central plains there are carnivores like, leopards, hyena and cheetah. This park is normally the scene of the annual migration of the wildebeest and zebras, which occurs between Serengeti and Kenya Masai Mara game reserve. Eagles, Flamingos, duck, geese, vultures are among the birds that can be seen in the park, Dinner and overnight in your campsite.
Day 6: Serengeti-Ngorongoro Crater
After early breakfast, drive to Ngorongoro Crater arriving in time for lunch. After lunch, descend 2000 ft (670m) into the crater floor for full day crater tour with break for lunch at Ngoitoktok springs picnic site. Black manned lions, rhinos, buffaloes, elephants and other grazing animals abound. Evening game drive, return to Ngorongoro wildlife campsite for dinner and overnight.
Day 7: Ngorongoro Crater-Tarangire
After breakfast, we leave Ngorongoro Crater for Tarangire National park with lunch enroute, the park has an atmosphere of remoteness and has a good number of monkeys, hornbills, pelicans, and herons among others. Dinner and overnight shall be at the campsite.
Day 8: Tarangire-Arusha
We enjoy an early morning game drive in the Tarangire National Park, followed by breakfast at the Camp. We will then transfer back to Arusha where the tour ends. For those who wish to proceed to Zanzibar or take on Kilimanjaro climb, arrangements are available from our Arusha office.
- Park fees (for non-residents)
- All activities (unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (unless listed as upgrade)
- Camping equipment (sleeping bag excluded)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water (on all days)
- International flights (from/to home)
- Sleeping bag
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees