4 Days Special Budget Tanzania Safari - Lake Manyara NP, Serengeti NP & Ngorongoro
This is a 4 days / 3 nights Tanzania wildlife budget lodges and camping safaris. In this trip you will be staying one to two nights on budget camping. The rest of the nights you will be staying in budget lodges and hotels. In this trip you will stay in public campsite inside the Ngorongoro Conservation Area and Serengeti National Park. They are all supported with basic facilities like washrooms with hot and cold showers. This itinerary takes you close to the nature and it gives you also the real taste of African wilderness.
- You'll go to Tanzania and this tour starts and ends in Arusha (Tanzania)
- You'll visit Lake Manyara NP, Serengeti NP & Ngorongoro
- Activities: game drives in an open-sided 4x4 vehicle & pop-up roof 4x4 vehicle
- Getting around: open-sided 4x4 vehicle & pop-up roof 4x4 vehicle
- A transfer from and back to the airport (or hotel) is included
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for extra cost
Day by Day Itinerary
- You'll be collected from the airport (or hotel).
- Accommodation before the tour departs can be arranged for extra cost.
Day 1: Arusha/Lake Manyara National Park
Have an early breakfast at 7:30 am before you drive to Lake Manyara National Park for a full day game drive to sunset. Lake Manyara Park is among Tanzania’s smallest park. Driving through the lush garden is a gentle reminder that you are now in Africa. Exotic bird calls fill the air. Enjoy a picnic lunch and afterwards you’ll continue game viewing of animals in the park.
Zebra, wildebeest, bushbuck, dik-dik and guinea fowl regularly cross your path, un-bothered by your benign presence and going about their daily routines. You’ll meander along bush tracks and explore the Lake which is home to thousands of Flamingos and River’s twists and turns, finding elephant drinking and playing in the refreshing waters. Late in the evening you’ll arrive at your Lodge where you can settle in and relax before dinner and your night in the bush. Dinner and overnight is at a budget hotel/lodge.
Day 2: Manyara/Serengeti National Park
Wake up early in the morning at 5:45am whereby you will take a cup of fresh brewed Tanzanian coffee. After breakfast you will take your way to the Serengeti National Park heading in a northwesterly direction. Head up the winding, switch-back road and into the Ngorongoro Highlands and continue to the Serengeti National Park for an evening/sunset game drive before heading to your overnight lodge. Afterwards gather round the campfire before heading off to bed. Relax in your comfortable surroundings tonight as you are lulled to sleep by the sounds of the Serengeti plains. Dinner and overnight at Serengeti Pimbi Campsite.
Day 3: Serengeti/Ngorongoro Crater Rim
Early breakfast is at 5:45am before you go out at 6:00am for sunrise game drives until 11:00am. Aat 11, you’ll stop for brunch (breakfast and lunch put together) and then depart for the Ngorongoro Crater with a game drive en-route. Dinner and overnight is at Ngorongoro Simba Campsite.
Day 4: Ngorongoro Crater Floor/Arusha
Rise early for breakfast before you spend a full day exploring the crater floor. The area is world-renowned in its reputation and very small in its scale, so you will see other safari goers. Don’t let that distract you from the beauty of the place or from the fact that this remains one of the only places on earth where you may see all of the Big Five at once: Lion, Leopard, Bull Elephant, African Buffalo and Black Rhino. To maximize your time on the crater floor you will enjoy a special boxed lunch at a scenic picnic spot. Your journey will take you throughout this tremendous landscape that is constantly changing as animals move to and fro in search of pasture, water or east prey. In the afternoon ascend to the rim and drive back to Arusha town for your dinner and overnight at your own plan.
- Park fees (for non-residents)
- All activities (unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (unless listed as upgrade)
- Camping equipment (sleeping bag excluded)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water (on all days)
- International flights (from/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Sleeping bag
- Bath towels
- Tips (tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees