3 Days Authentic Tanzania Budget Safari - Lake Manyara NP, Ngorongoro & Tarangire NP
This tour will take you to the most visited destination with high wildlife concentration and amazing sceneries. This place is characterized by the large herds of elephants, tree climbing lions, and the fascinating baobab trees. In Ngorongoro, some 20,000 mammals live including about 20 black rhinoceros, making the crater the best place in Tanzania to see these amazing creatures.
Tour Details and Highlights:
- Duration: 3 days (approx.)
- Group size: Max 6
- Start: Arusha, Tanzania
- End: Arusha Tanzania
- Departure Time: 7:00am (subject to change due to local traffic conditions)
- Activities: game drives in a pop-up roof 4x4 vehicle
- Getting around: open-sided 4x4 vehicle & pop-up roof 4x4 vehicle
- A transfer from and back to the airport (or hotel) is included
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for extra cost
Day 0: Arrival
- You'll be collected from the airport (or hotel).
- Accommodation before the tour departs can be arranged for extra cost.
Day 1: Lake Manyara National Park
We depart Arusha in the morning for Lake Manyara and arrive around lunch time. Lake Manyara is known for its tree-climbing lions and has the most pachyderms per km sq. in Tanzania. As visitors enter the gate, they pass into the lush forest; home to troops of baboons and blue monkeys. Buffaloes and hippos also lurch in the adjacent Hippo Pool. The vegetation eventually merges into a flat topped acacia woodland where, in the heat of the day, lions can be seen stretched on the branches of these trees - a habit prevalent to Manyara lions. Dinner and overnight at a Budget camping
Day 2: Ngorongoro Crater
After having an early breakfast, we depart for Ngorongoro crater and arrive in time for lunch. Ngorongoro's caldera shelters the most beautiful wildlife haven on earth. The rich pasture and permanent water of the crater floor supports a resident population of some 20,000 to 25,000 large mammals. They are not confined by the Crater walls, and can leave freely; they stay because conditions are favourable. Since most of the Crater floor is grassland, grazing animals predominate such as gnu, zebra, gazelles, buffalo, eland and kongoni (Coke's hartebeest) and warthogs. The swamp and forest provide additional resources for hippos, giant-tusked elephants, waterbucks, reedbucks and bushbucks, baboons, vervets, and some of Tanzania's last remaining black rhinos. The steep inner slopes provide a habitat for dikdiks and the rare mountain reedbuck. All these animals in turn support large predators such as Lion and Leopard, and scavengers such as Hyena and Jackals. Dinner and overnight at a Budget camping
Day 3: Tarangire National Park
After breakfast, we drive to Tarangire and have another afternoon game drive in search of wildlife. The park owes its name to Tarangire River, which flows across the area. It is characterized by dense vegetation of acacia and mixed woodland and dominated by huge baobab and old doum palm trees to a lesser prominence, as well as black cotton grass. Tarangire is famous for the annual animal immigration that takes place during the dry season.
What is Included?
- Park fees (for non-residents)
- All activities (unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (unless listed as upgrade)
- Camping equipment (sleeping bag excluded)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water (on all days)
What is Excluded?
- International flights (from/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Sleeping bag
- Bath towels
- Tips (tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees
3 Days / 2 Nights:
Lake Manyara National Park
Ngorongoro Crater and CA
Serengeti National Park
Starting From: US$ 1063 / person *based on 2 pax sharing